Monitor the production of a project’s feature(s) and the activities of its development team to ensure delivery occurs on time, with the required quality using available resources.
• Participate in the monitoring of project deliverables and risks to ensure the respect of deadlines and quality;
• Create plans relating to project/feature needs using the allocated project management tools;
• Provide reports on development progress and issues for a project’s/feature’s delivery;
• Assess risks to quality, timing and resources and raise alerts where they impact on the delivery;
• Organize and follow up on the development team’s meetings;
• Plan sprints according to milestone targets and be involved with the creation of a work backlog;
• Identify playtest requirements and assess the quality of the game during playtests;
• Define the areas for improvement within the project and chase up bugs;
• Monitor tasks and task creation and update progress on the appropriate tool;
• Collaborate with leads in order to plan effectively in accordance with timescales;
• Work directly with the team and encourage collaboration in order to get results;
• Monitor the use of the budget relating to the project feature(s) and understand the financial impact and value of the team’s plans.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to adapt to change and work effectively under pressure;
• Able to plan and estimate tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Good knowledge of the video game industry;
• Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• 1 – 2 year’s experience as a project assistant or 1 years’ experience in commercial software development experience with significant involvement in a full project development cycle;
• Experience in the video game industry is a big plus;
• Experience using issue and project tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools is desirable;
• Experience in team management is also desirable.